Friday, March 19, 2010

Wow! Time Flies!

I can't believe it has been almost a year since I had a post! I have been teaching kindergarten at Andersen Elementary on Andersen Air Force Base. It has been a great year so far! I have the best class ever! They are super cute and super smart which makes my job lots easier! I wish I could post a picture of them so you guys could see how cute they are! And it has been a huge blessing to have a two family income.

We are officially halfway through our tour here in Guam. So far it has been a good and interesting experience. We definitely miss our friends and families back home but so thankful for the lifetime friends we have made here! God always provides what we need and He has done that for us here in Guam.

On my Spring Break I have plans to go visit one of my college roommates, Camille in Singapore which I am totally looking forward to doing and know that I would not be able to do that if I didn't live in Guam.

Barry is doing well. He is still working on the MSU which at Navy Hospital Guam means anyone who is not in ICU or having a baby and is admitted goes. So he can get pretty busy lots of the time.

This year we have done quit a bit:
July I came home to go to Camp Bandina which was a huge blessing!
August I found out I had a job!
Sept. started my new teaching job!
October we attended the Navy Ball with our good friends, sorry no photos at this time.
November we went home for a couple of weeks, too short!
December we had a quiet Christmas at our home which was nice, did miss the turkey and dressing.
January found out we had our third miscarriage which is more frustrating then anything but we are recovering and know God has an awesome plan for our family!
Feb. we went on a "weekend trip" which on Guam means either spending thousands of dollars to fly somewhere or stay at one of the local hotels. So we stayed at one of the hotels about 5 mins. from our house. It was really nice though because it still felt like we had "gotten away." Barry was feeling a little sick but I wouldn't let him go to the house to get meds. I did get a really bad sunburn but the facial I got was super relaxing!
Now in March we celebrated my birthday with our good friends and the best neighbors ever! I still plan on going dolphin watching one of these days to finish off the celebration!

Well that's our life in a nutshell since my last posting. I'll have to get some pictures and post them soon, I know that is way more fun to see then reading my ramblings.

2 comments:

erin said...

Thanks for the update. I've been thinking about you guys. Have fun in Singapore; wish I was there! Love you.

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

Yeah Yeah Yeah... well it has been a long time since your last post but I am so excited to read this one... I guess it is official that you are coming... if it makes it on the blog it is as good as seeing an itenerary in my mind... HE HE HE Can't wait... we are going to have tons of fun catching up and seeing Singapore.